So I hope you have all had an amazing weekend? To ease you into Monday, I would like to introduce this weeks guest blogger Charlotte Olsen Bauer of Style Fleur.
After a heavy weekend why not sit back and indulge yourselves with this fab article on selecting your perfect wedding dress from your own personal stylist!
HOW TO CHOOSE THE PERFECT WEDDING GOWN FOR YOU
Secrets from a Stylist
Sometimes finding the perfect wedding dress can be a little tricky and sometimes a tad overwhelming and who needs that?! I am here today to share with you a few easy to follow tips and tricks, to help you start the process of finding the perfect gown for you.
Not long after receiving that sparkly rock on your finger, a bride to be is desperate to start wedding dress shopping. I mean of course…who doesn’t want to start trying on the most beautiful gowns you have been dreaming of since you started playing dress up, way back when?!! You want to be the most beautiful bride; special and unique, totally you, right?
But how do you get started? What should you do first? How do you know which style, designer will be the right one for you? Should you be worried about current bridal trends?
Well, here is my quick 5 step process to help you get started;
1. Before you even start shopping the first thing to do, is have both a venue and date chosen. Why? It will make it so much easier for you to choose a gown, if you know the time of year/season and what sort of style will suit the venue. Is it in a formal setting in a stately home, on a beach with a boho vibe, in a church, and onto a grand hotel? Try to have these important details nailed down first..it will make such a difference in how you go in and picture what will be a good fit for both you and the surroundings.
2. Now it is time to have fun perusing the bridal designer websites, flip through magazines and create a Pinterest board. Try and be very open minded wit this process and just clip, pin what makes you go “wow” or say, “this is so me” and at this point do not worry about trends. But remember to focus on your basic style principles too; is it a style that will flatter your positives and hide the negatives, do you like strapless, sleeves, tulle, lace, beading etc. and know that this could all change, once you actually start trying on dresses in reality.
3. Budget. If you have one, be realistic and try and stick to it, even when you are doing your research. There are absolutely gorgeous gowns at “every” price point and do keep in mind that alterations will be on top of the gown cost.
4. Finding the right wedding boutique for you, that carries the designers, styles that are in alignment with you. Do you want the complete elegant white glove treatment, a more relaxed, cool, hip vibe, or a walk in and buy off the rack? Again, do your homework but remember the stores that you book an appointment with, will make it such an unforgettable experience for you. They will have an expert stylist to work with you 1 x1, and give you the best possible service imaginable. I would also look at who you bring with you. I would advise only one or two of your most trusted people. A huge group of people will all come with a variety of opinions, thoughts and this can sometimes be confusing and overwhelming for the bride.
5. There are no rules to finding the perfect dress for you but an expert will help you immensely; they will listen to your thoughts, concerns, and vision. They will get an overall feel for your style, shape and help you find the perfect dress for you, your personality, style and within budget. So do your homework, plan accordingly and communicate! But more than anything, listen to your inner voice..trust me, when you are in “THE DRESS” you will know, this is the one for YOU!
BONUS TIP: Bridal Styles Fall 2016
There are so many stunning looks that hit the runway for Fall 2016.
Inspiration taken from the 90’s, with lots of spaghetti straps and stunning draped silhouettes reminiscent of the 30’s too.
Modern, minimalistic understated lines, the versatile two-three piece and lots of layering are not going anywhere.
There were so many romantic 3D floral appliqués with a light ethereal feel blooming from designer to designer.
But one of my favorites has to be some of the illusion necklines, cut outs in just the right places with delicate lace, to the most stunning beading.
A FEW DESIGNER PICKS: Jenny Packham, Daalarna, Christos and Sarah Seven.
MEET CHARLOTTE OLSSON BAUER
Charlotte is owner and founder of Style Fleur, a Personal Stylist and helps women entrepreneurs worldwide create a signature style they love, both virtually and in person.
She combines her expertise of 20 years worldwide experience in the fashion industry, with her gift of helping women see their beauty, self worth and strength from within.
She gives women the tools and strategies they need to step out into the world with style and confidence.
Charlotte is British hailing from the North West of England. She has lived in London, Brussels, Tokyo, and traveled the world before, settling in the USA with her husband and two children.
Now go find your dream dress ladies!!
And for more bridal tips and inspiration please sign up for the Smart Brides guide here!
Love Photography 13
UK Luxury wedding Photographer